Friday, October 25, 2013

Over

My intense and torrid week has finally come to pass. I cleared all the hurdles, felt completely worn out.

Took a deep sleep right after Isyak, realized after waking up that Daus and Firiz came to study for their upcoming exam. Firiz stayed until now (it's already half past three), no wonder he is among the best student in chemistry.

Although he is a bit eccentric at times, for me he is a good person, with a gift of a brilliant mind.

He works in a machine-like efficiency. He was the one who thoroughly gleaned over my proposal references to check for any inconsistency. They way he did that was simply breathtaking...I remember looking in awed for his precision and memory. He corrected it all almost effortlessly, like a machine.

A machine can do a work of ten ordinary men, but no machine can do a work of one extraordinary man. I think this quote best describes him. But unfortunately his course mates didn't give him much credit for his outstanding ability. He was always ridiculed, which left me fuming. People now prefer to treasure something else, I guess.

Need to get a short rest before resuming my usual work. It's been a tough week, but I think I did well to soften its impact.

Time to sit back, relax, and enjoy a cup of coffee.