Friday, February 20, 2015

Revenge Of The Fallen

I wrote this short piece on July 1, 2009, not long before I completed The Soulmate That Wasn't. But for some unclear reasons, I buried this piece in the draft mode up until today.

Kyra was a very young and naive girl back then. We worked together in the same department. A fluent Mandarin speaker, she rose through hardship her entire life. She cast so much influence during my disarray period that I wrote The Kyra Chronicles, a three part series to immortalize her in Pancasara.

But she was unhappy with it, partly because she didn't want her life story to be made public. After a short period of display of the final part, I retracted the trilogy from public view, out of respect for her. Although I rate The Kyra Chronicles as one of my best piece, it would never be seen in public again. I will bring this trilogy to the grave.

The Revenge of The Fallen is important for me because it also marked the re-emergence of Najwa during this difficult period.

I made a vow to shave my head bald if Kyra were to further her studies. She was a girl full of potential, but she was quite reluctant to study. She did in the end, and we lost contact ever since.

Wherever she is now, I wish her all the best.


Revenge of The Fallen
(July 1, 2009)

I woke up pretty late on Monday morning. By that time, my handphone was already inundated with messages. I was slated for an early screening of Transformer this morning...accompanied by Kamarul and Fauzan.

The earliest slot (11.30 a.m) was already full by the time we got there. So we settled for the next slot, scheduled at 12.15 p.m. This eagerly anticipated movie was fully booked for 3 straight days beginning Wednesday (its released date)...Transformer surely has a special aura under its belt.

It was a crowd puller at its best...almost a full house even though it was still 12.15 noon. Kamarul and Fauzan wore special jacket to cover their office attire. They skipped their duty hours to sneak into GSC...if they were caught, they'll be in deep trouble.

Overall it's a good movie...with superb visual effects and earth-shattering sounds. But to be honest, I prefer the first movie...which I watched in Langkawi.

Shortly after the movie, we went for lunch. Upon reaching home, I took my bath...and readying myself for a special occasion...

...in which I had my hair shaved to baldness.

This is the first time I ever do this...and I did this for a reason...for somebody...

I could feel the Adrenaline rush all over my body...it was a tense moment. I only openned my eyes when the process was over...the first time I glanced towards myself in the mirror, my first thought was...I looked weird. Very weird. Like an alien from the outerspace.

But I'll get used to it in no time.

When I got home, a strange number rang a miscall on my handphone. I never replied to an unknown number...but this was followed by a message, surrounded by mystery...

Barely 3 hours later, she revealed herself...it was surely a pleasant surprise. I never expected her to emerge at this difficult and trying time of my life. I was on a rough patch...and when a legend that once conquered your heart came out from the wilderness to greet you, how would you feel?

The Kyra Chronicles will commence as usual after this posting...it was prepared in advance. But it will undertake a short break...there were so many things to consider. There are some things that should be kept only to yourself. "Some things are better be left untold"...as they say. Even with the sudden unexpected re-emergence of Najwa, I won't edit the content much...it will be a long story, spanning the period of two months before she left for Arau.

If my calculation was correct, the news of my 'baldness' will reach Kyra in no time. And I was dead correct..there is something in this world that can travel faster than the speed of light, that defies logic and physics...and it happens when women talked among themselves.

Kyra told me not to do it anymore...but nevertheless she acknowledged my 'bold' move (or should a 'bald' move be a more appropriate sentence?)

But in the meantime, I have to stave off ceaseless 'friendly' taunts from all corners. Wan called me a "dragon ball"...while Amir referred to me as a "skinhead".

I only hope my hair regains its crowning glory as soon as possible...