Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Preservara

I finished my latest badminton outings on a high note yesterday night. 

Played an overall eight games (one game comprises of at least two sets, rubber set would be played if the first two sets were tied), I won six games and lost two. 

All in all, we played for three hours straight without stopping, starting at nine until a little over midnight. We only took short break to replenish ourselves with drinking water during the middle of the play.

As we sat there totally worn out after the game, I pondered upon my life so far. They were all my friends from my difficult past, yet they were still here alongside me. Playing badminton with me, laughing beside me. I don't know for how long, but I hope they will stay with me till the very end.

Most of them are married, and I knew some of their wives as well because they were from the same workplace of mine before. One of them even brought their two lovely kids to play badminton. The kid went to each one of us to shake and kiss our hands before departing home. It was a sight to behold.

It was this kind of moment that I need to preserve. People nowadays preserve memories in pictures. But I'd rather preserve it in writing. I remember things in words, not in pictures. There is not that much that we could capture inside a picture. But a line of words could give an eternal meaning...especially to those who know how to appreciate it. 

Picture is temporary, words are permanent.