Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Kg Buah Pala Saga...

I've been thinking about giving the controversial Kampung Buah Pala a brief visit today...

What drama next?

Roboh ke tak roboh?


UPDATE


There were no bulldozers on sight as expected. The villagers, notably children, could be seen forming a wall on the street. They looked glum and somber. Some were sighted crying. There were a large presence of police...as well as political activists, including the newly registered PSM (Party Sosialis Malaysia)

Given my political inclination and shallow understanding of the whole issue, I'm not fit to give any view regarding their plight...but what is certain, I feel pity for them. One young boy was seen putting on a very brave face at the human shield. I heard some of them haven't attended school for days.

Hope their plight would be resolved sooner rather than later...