Monday, April 20, 2009

How fraud can you go?

On April 10, I received a mail from my Japanese-Australian friend, Toshi Matoi.

hi, Mi, how are you ?

this is toshi... have you recieved any message from my email account??

my hotmail account has been used by someone and at that moment, i cant open even me..

anyway, you still work at same places? i am planning to visit there again, will you be in penang or another places? will be end of June or beginning of July....

anyway hope to see you again, my friend!!


On April 16, I received this from the old Toshi's mail address.


Hello,

Sorry I didn't inform you about my traveling to UK for a program.i am in London now and am having some little difficulties here because i was robbed on my way to the hotel where my money and my bag that contains my credit cards and some other valuables was taken away.I will like you to assist me with a soft loan urgently with the sum of $1200 to sort-out my hotel bills here and to get me back home as quickly as possible. I will appreciate whatever you can afford to assist me with, I'll pay you back as soon as i return,hope to hear from you soon.


Toshi, with his thick Japanese accent, won't be able to produce a shadow comparison as the decent English writing as the above. Somebody might have sneaked into his mail account, I guess.

And this fraud guy is attempting to squeeze money out of every Toshi's contacts with foolish mail like the one mentioned above. Cheap shot, faker!