Saturday, March 26, 2016

My Precious Circle of Friends


I was reading light articles on obesity (my supposed research interest) when I came across this light-hearted joke.

Malaysia was rated as the highest among Asian countries for obesity (2014). 

Yes...Malaysia was the heavyweight champion among Asia's heavyweights. This was statistically proven, even by reputedly international journal.

Five out of ten Malaysians (5/10) suffer obesity (BMI more than 25).

Then came the comment. If five out of ten Malaysians suffer obesity, does that mean the other five actually enjoy obesity?

This single-handedly made my day.

This may be quite true.

From time immemorial, we have seen that obese people are actually the most enjoyable people. They enjoy themselves and are a great company to enjoy with.

Maybe obesity and suffering are not a match made in heaven...enjoying obesity seems to be a more fitting match.

As I was enjoying the light nature of the article, Syaher, who was sitting in front of me (obviously boredom was slowly killing him) abruptly asked me a question.

Mi, do you ever feel bored? How do you escape from it?

Of course I feel bored. I'm always bored. I never escape from it. I just lived with it.

Actually the company of him (Syaher) and Syafiq every night, in front of me, in this lab, was the influence that helped me tolerate my boredom.

Without them, I don't know what would become of me.

I really enjoyed being with them.