Sunday, March 1, 2009

Books, work, and life...

Just finished reading "China : The Gathering Threat". At 514 pages (excluding endnotes, index) this giant book remains the thickest book I've ever read. I have a bad habit of reading...I failed almost every single time to put the finishing touch everytime I read a particular book. Sayang nak baca sampai habis. Very bad habit...

Microtrends should follow suit...just few pages remaining. So too Zoom. Deep down, I still hankered for Naomi Kleinn's "A Shock Doctrine"...but I don't have enough money left.

Regarding my daily life, nothing much has changed. My workplace is still blanketed by heavy politics..you have to be prudent in your every move to avoid any unnecessary backlash.

I'm no master in politics...but by playing my cards right, I dodged every problems that fall on my path up to this day. I don't how long will all this continue...but I enjoyed my life now very much.

I am at the crossroad of my life...still looking for a tinge of hope. Do I have the necessary ingredients to sail through this chaotic life? And I miss somebody very much...although she would have forgotten me completely by now. All in all, life must goes on...so I don't have much choice then...