Monday, November 4, 2013

A Promise

Found this hilarious picture at Nury Vittachi's blog.

It shows that Apple is smart, Samsung is trying hard to copy, while Nokia is a lost cause at the back.

This pretty much sums up my day.

I owned an Ipad2 some time around two semesters back.

My friend sent an entry for a competition using my identity card.

When the result was announced, my name appeared as the grand winner. I took the prize and my face was splashed on its official facebook page.

The problem was, who owned that thing? Me or him? That was the dilemma.

So we struck a deal. I would use it during 'on' semester, while he would use it during 'off' semester.

A sweet deal. Nice and simple.

But unfortunately, he reneged on that promise. What was I to say?

I kept my silence all this while, hoping that he would somehow and someday realize that he had made a mistake. A promise or a deal should be respected whatever the circumstances. Even Islam prohibited us from renegading from any promises.

But he never did. Maybe he forgot it all subconsciously.

So I just move on with life. As I said many times, money or whatever trendy gadgets people are using nowadays don't interest me at all.

I just want a good book, a good read, and a good time for myself. And to help other people in need to the best of my ability.

Today is a resoundingly a good day. Visited greenhouse to clear all the poly bags. My plants were heavily attacked by snails.

Ziqa remarked that we shouldn't be fooled by their appearance. They are cute but deadly at the same time.

She was dead right.

She was accompanied by Ainul. I never really knew them before. But since the start of this semester, I was trying hard to get out of my shell and meet new people. I think so far I've succeeded.

Both of them are quite shy...but as thing goes, we are getting comfortable with each other, particularly Ziqa. I used to regard them as 'rigid', as my former experience with hijabsters would testify. But I think I was off the mark this time.

I don't know what they thought of me, but I viewed them as my sisters. They are even younger than my second brother. The breakfast, prepared by them, was among the best that I've ever indulged.

I settled all the required works (with Jefrey and Anis) before heading back. Somehow all the beautiful memories from Langkawi kept playing at the back of my mind. It was fascinating as well as intriguing at the same time.

How are they now? I left them without saying a word, leaving them totally in the dark. Faisal in particular, used to contact me repeatedly to find my whereabouts. But I ignored him. I ignored all of them. It was done for a reason.

When the time comes, I'll revisit all of them.

This is my promise.

And unlike my dear friend of above, I will never renegade my promise.