Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Dinner, and nonsense...

Just had my dinner. It was great. In Penang, it was Kalel, Kalel and Kalel every night. We do have kitchen in my rented house, but I suck when it comes to cooking. My two housemates are quite adapt at it...they do all the cooking. And I usually do all the eating.

Before my burning passion to write diminished, I should get going. This post will only appear after I get back to Penang...so in short, I'm writing in advance.

I got a hold of my younger brother laptop. Great also...the minus side is there's no connection available. Internet connection. Other connection is good...I just played Fifa 09 this afternoon. Beat Man U 1-0. Only after being beaten like...10 times. Great. I haven't played Fifa close to ten months...after winning the much-touted Akhirat championship with ease.

Background music is also great. My younger brother has a penchant for slow music. That explains the inclusion of Leann Rhimes, BSB, N'SYNC in his hard disk storage. I don't have any particular music that interests me...although I have a soft spot for Linkin Park and Green Day. But I do listen to BSB and all those boy bands sometimes...I don't want to be a hypocrite.

My brother looked a bit different from the last time I saw him. He sported a beard...much to my envy. He is taller than me now. My second brother, who is due to sit for his PMR exam next month, has already outgrown me. The most problematic among us all, he quit school more than once. He got into fights almost on a regular basis. Father had lost any hope on him apparently...leaving me as the only member of the family who still has faith in him.

He's a bright young boy...everyone can tell it right away. The only problem is he doesn't know how to channel his talent properly. He remembers the name of all our relatives...and could recall the details of his conversation with anyone at ease...even though it happened quite a while ago. He never did any revision, reading for him is a big no-no. If only he could discipline himself and read something for a while, he could vastly improve himself.

My youngest brother is still in standard four. As I was typing this just now, he was standing right beside me...wondering what the hell I was passionately doing. I have no idea whether he understands all this or not...but as a precaution, I assumed he could. So I waited until he lost interest on what I was doing, before I continue writing. He is the most obedient, well-mannered of all...I loved him the most.

My sister, on the other hand...is complicated. A successful career-oriented woman, she is now taking a short course to improve on her salary. The other day, a day before Raya, she was busy preparing herself for the upcoming exams. She asked me to give her some lending hand in translation...as all of the materials were in English.

She scribbled down some notes as I explained certain terms and phrases to her...since finishing high school, I never saw her studying this hard. She did her own revision afterwards. The next thing I knew, she had already fallen asleep in front of the TV.

Time for action...I'll beat Man U this time around...I swear...