Sunday, April 9, 2017

The World According to Clarkson


Finished this giant book recently. I borrowed it from a local mini library in Bayan Baru...where I regard as my sanctuary.

The mini library was the source of almost all my reading materials as I am very short on cash to be spending on books. Plus I do not own a large space to accommodate all my books. In future, I hope to have a mini library in my own home to store all my stocks of beloved books.

Personally I am not very keen on Clarkson, as he was infamous once upon a while ago for deriding our national car Proton on his television programme. But upon reading his thoughts in writing, I think he is just that kind of person...a person who blurts out anything that crosses his mind. Can't blame him for that.

He also has a sense of humour...a lot of it to be exact. When Clarkson hates something, he hates it with every cell in his body, or in his own word "I hate you at the cellular level". I find this phrase hilarious and stupid, but that's just him.

I won't recommend this book, because it's too thick and too British-centred. But if you have nothing to do in the middle of the night and you can't sleep, this book is excellent. It will make you fall asleep faster.